Salice holds a well-established position worldwide by virtue of its natural talent for innovation, careful attention to quality, efficiency of customer service, and reliability earned during more than 80 years of experience.
400 employees, a range of more than 3.000 products, an export ratio of 65% of turnover to more than 65 countries, 8 overseas subsidiaries and a network of sole agents and distributors covering all industrialised countries, are some of the reasons
why Salice is one of the most valued brands among the small, medium-sized and large companies in the furniture industry.
The genesis of this enviable leading position goes back to 1926 in Cantu, when the founder, Arturo Salice, started the retail distribution of hardware produced in Italy and abroad. The distribution, initially restricted to the local area, became a thriving business that, with ability and perseverance, was extended to the whole of Italy.
At the end of the fifties Arturo Salice started the production of his own line of furniture hardware at the new factory built at Cantu. At the same time, his sons Giorgio and Luciano entered the company and started to work together with their father in the management of the new venture, sharing with him the same value of perseverance, hard work and inventiveness.
In those years, the far-sighted decision was taken to specialise exclusively in the production of furniture hinges.
On February 22nd 1957, Salice registered its first international patent covering a concealed, self-closing furniture hinge: an event that marked an incomparable technological milestone for the whole industry.
Thus Arturo Salice S.p.A. was born.
The factory at Cantu proved insufficient to accomodate the rapid growth of the company, which was favoured by the increasing success of the Salice hinges among the furniture industries in Italy and abroad.
The construction of new and bigger production facilities able to meet the development of the company and a progressively growing demand could not be postponed.
In 1975 the huge new factory at Novedrate, the present home of the company, was inaugurated.
All production, the technical and administrative offices, warehouses, computer-based forwarding centre, and the Salice Technological Centre are centred in a building complex of 60.000 square metres which itself is set in a green landscape of 240.000 square metres.
Salice is active in all the industrialised countries of the world through its network of subsidiaries, exclusive distributors and agents. 1971 saw the opening of the first two subsidiaries in Neckarwestheim, Germany and Antibes in France. A third was opened in Huntingdon, UK in 1985, followed in 1988 and 1989 by the opening of the Mississauga, Canada and Charlotte USA subsidiaries. Additional support and a stronger presence in the German and US market was provided in 1993 by the opening of branches in Lohne and Los Angeles. In 2011, Salice consolidates its presence in the Iberian peninsular with the opening of Salice Espana in Barcelona.
Now, as in the past, the company pursues a policy of constant investment aimed at keeping the production facilities up-to-date, improving production systems and rationalising production processes, all of which enable the company to meet the demands for quality, quantity and punctuality from a continuously growing market.
Salice owns around 600 patents for furniture hinges and opening systems, many of which are recognised as real innovations in their specific industry.
Since 1993, Salice’s quality management systems have been certified to ISO 9001. In 1998, the company’s environmental management systems were certified to ISO 14001, confirming the absolute compliance by Salice with the laws that guarantee the safety and integrity of the environment.
The product range of the company was completed by the acquisition in 2000 of Adar SpA, now SALICE GUIDE SpA , and in 2010 by the company BORTOLUZZI SISTEMI, manufacturers of sliding door systems.